Different is Great: An Interview with Mike Michalowicz
Today I sit down with author and entrepreneur, Mike Michalowicz. Former business columnist for the Wall Street journal, Mike has launched a hand full of multi-million dollar companies and is the author of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, The Pumpkin Plan, and Profit First – which personally has helped me grow my business immensely. We discuss why business plans do not work, periodically re-aligning your corporate ship towards your vision, why business is mind over matter, the caveman brain, and the power of being different.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Tacking – Setting your sights on the ultimate goal and creating 90 day plans.
- Business plans are such an old school mentality, predicting a day in business is hard enough, let alone predicting years down the line.
- Business success is mind over matter – there are many factors that go into the decisions that we make for our businesses.
- The element in business that we forget is our own belief system – Business success is all about persistence
- Mindset bringing about persistence while persistence bringing about success
- Understanding that the things that got you to where you are will not get you to the places that you want to go
- Learn about taking things that resonate with you, leveraging the information and repackaging them with your own spin.
- The caveman brain and the power of different. You need to do something that’s different to stand out. That’s just how we are programmed as humans. Use that to your advantage when you want to think about marketing.
- Give away your best, and know that it’s going to come back to you in ways your could never imagine.
- Cracking the Millennial Code: An Interview with Javier Montes
- Discover Your Talents: An Interview with Don Hutcheson
- The hidden secret to changing your life in less than 10 minutes a day: Interview with Julianna Raye
- Increase Your Website Conversions: An Interview with Chris Dayley
- What comes first: Fulfillment or Success? An Interview with Chris Plough