Mastering Organic Traffic
In this podcast episode, Stephen interviews a real life SEO Ninja, Christian Stack, who shares the many benefits of organic search engine results. We no longer live and die by our Google Rankings; diversification of the platform is a must with the use of social media and paid advertising as each one delivers a different return. However, don’t neglect investing in your organic search results! The fight to get to the top of Google is not over any time soon. By matching keywords to user intent, organic will deliver you higher quality traffic and allow customers to find you right when they need you. Christian will give you tips to rank higher in the results and dominate your web presence.
In this episode, you will discover:
- The difference between Organic Results vs. Paid Ads.
- How Google has made drastic changes to Paid Ads and Map Listings, which have literally pushed your Organic Results down the page.
- That Pay Per Click and AdWords have become more competitive; just as in real estate, getting the prime location will cost you more money.
- How to readjust your spending strategy when Google makes changes causing you to pay more for leads and keywords, or when Google significantly drops your number of leads. Why you should use your Google Map Listing more effectively. Local businesses especially, pay attention! Map results are organic, too. Some tips I share in this podcast:
- Double check that your business is verified by Google.
- Make sure that your Business Name, Address, and Phone Number are listed the same on your website as in your Google Listing or any Directory Site and Review site.
- Get reviews to get ranked higher! Reviews are tough to get but worth it because people trust reviews. Research has shown that businesses in top three positions on Map Listing are getting reviews from their clients and responding to and staying on top of them. Let the public see that you are a business owner who cares what they think.
- How your content is also very important for ranking, and includes not only writing, but images, graphics, and video. Remember, Google wants to deliver the best answer to the question being asked. This is where your content comes in. Make sure it gives the best answers to the questions your ideal customer is asking, and adds value! Check to see what your competitors are putting out there, then make your answers better.
- How relevant Social Media is becoming to Google right now. Increased attention is being paid to popularity and click through rate. What is being liked and shared? Get your content out there to draw visitors to your page. But, be very careful not to use click bait as nothing irritates visitors more than that!
- To share the heck out of your content to Social Media, and find different platforms to get it out, such as, You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat; they each have different audiences.
- Remember the basics of going Organic and getting ranked higher:
- For every piece of content, have a specific question in mind that you can answer.
- Look at other answers out there to make sure yours is the best.
- Check out Google’s “Searches related to…” section at the bottom of the results page for different ways your ideal customer may be looking for information.
- Have a well-researched and carefully implemented keyword strategy, which includes labeling and describing your pages, and using Google Keyword Planner (it’s free!) to generate new keyword suggestions.
- Finally, let’s face it. Google is often going to return directory sites and review sites such as Yelp and Angie’s List at the top of the results page due to how big these sites are and the amount of traffic they draw. So if you can’t beat them, then join them! Make certain you are on their sites, too.
- www.Business.google.com to verify your business on Google.
- Biz Revolution Podcast #16 for Tips on Getting Reviews.
- Contact Christian Stack at Seequs Marketing Technologies.
Also check out Christian’s weekly videos on the Seequs Facebook page.
- Cracking the Millennial Code: An Interview with Javier Montes
- Discover Your Talents: An Interview with Don Hutcheson
- The hidden secret to changing your life in less than 10 minutes a day: Interview with Julianna Raye
- Increase Your Website Conversions: An Interview with Chris Dayley
- What comes first: Fulfillment or Success? An Interview with Chris Plough